Policy and Commitment
No information found.
- The club’s power supply is from a 100% renewable sources. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/december/01/supporters-council-meeting-minutes/
- The grounds team are in the process of replacing petrol mowers to ones powered by electric. Two were purchased in 2022 while another couple will arrive this year. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/february/03/potters-support-green-football-weekend/
- The club has recently installed a new undersoil heating system at the stadium which has resulted in a 35-40% reduction in gas usage. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/february/03/potters-support-green-football-weekend/
- The runtime on the undersoil heating system at Clayton Wood has been reduced to lower emissions and mitigate the increase in fuel costs. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/february/03/potters-support-green-football-weekend/
- Around the bet365 Stadium and Training Ground, halogen lighting is being gradually replaced with LED. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/december/01/supporters-council-meeting-minutes/
- The club’s grounds staff members have benefitted from a more efficient under-pitch boiler. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/december/01/supporters-council-meeting-minutes/
- The club advocates walking and cycling to the bet365 stadium on its website. https://www.stokecityfc.com/club/bet365-stadium/directions-parking
- Public transport (rail, shuttle buses, bus and coach) to the stadium is also promoted on the club’s website. https://www.stokecityfc.com/club/bet365-stadium/directions-parking
- Supporters can book coach travel for away games. The free coach travel offer constitutes supporters travelling both ways. One way travel is not permitted. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/official-coach-travel-guidelines-updated/
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
No information found
- Works with a waste management partner to analyse and process its non-segregated waste. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/february/03/potters-support-green-football-weekend/
- An agreement is in place to ensure that none of the club’s waste is sent to landfill – it is either recycled or processed to be used for other energies. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/february/03/potters-support-green-football-weekend/
- For customers that purchase any electrical item from an Official Stoke City store (either at bet365 Stadium or Intu Potteries Shopping Centre) or from store.stokecityfc.com, the club will recycle the old version of that item for free. Customers have to take the old item within 28 days of the purchase to any Official Stoke City Store or post it. https://store.stokecityfc.com/recycling
No information found
Plant based/low carbon food
No information found
- Uses organic products on its pitches at the training ground and stadium, a move implemented in 2016. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/february/03/potters-support-green-football-weekend/
- In September 2016, 200 young people graduated from the Stoke City Community Trust NCS Summer Programme after successfully completing a number of local environmental projects, which included:
- The creation of different ideas for a ‘Ruby Girls’ charity shop which included designing a sculpture out of recycled bicycles and a video for the store.
- Work on an allotment within the local community that included the All Saints Church garden and a separate project in Fenton.
- A transformation of wasteland near Kidsgrove into a memorial garden, to mark the 300th birthday of Staffordshire canal engineer James Brindley.
- The development and regeneration of canals in the local area, making them more sufficient as well as protecting the local wildlife. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/ncs-youngsters-making-a-difference/
Communication and Engagement
- Supported the world’s biggest football campaign to tackle climate change, Green Football Weekend. The club encouraged supporters to sign up to the campaign’s Green Football Cup and to score green goals by taking climate-friendly actions. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2023/february/03/potters-support-green-football-weekend/
- Stoke City Community Trust promoted the club’s involvement in Planet League’s Planet League Cup. https://twitter.com/scfc_community/status/1584473524839673856
- Next season’s Macron kit will be a 100% eco-friendly garment. https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2022/december/22/supporters-council-meeting-minutes/
Information sourced directly from Stoke City F.C. website and third party websites
Information updated 07 March, 2023.