Policy and Commitment
No information found.
- The club is looking at the possibility of installing solar panels on top of the Cheadle End Stand roof.
- The club has an Energy Efficiency Manager who ensures that any equipment is not on outside its hours of usage.
- All lighting has been changed to LED throughout the stadium.
- Appliances are only switched on when necessary.
- M&E/Air Handling are only used when public/staff use the various spaces.
- Grow lights are used sparingly on damaged areas of the pitch.
- Rail travel to Edgeley Park is promoted on the club’s ‘Directions’ page of the website.
- There is no public car parking available on the day of the game.
- Installed seven EV charging points at the stadium.
- A cycle base is available on the stadium footprint to encourage supporters to travel by bike.
- Conducts half yearly fan travel surveys and staff travel surveys. Data is collected and influences messaging to supporters.
- First team management, players and club staff car share.
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
- The club has advised that there are no single use plastics in operation other than for soft drinks.
- The club has advised that it has a systemic waste management/recycling programme for all of its sites through its waste management partner Allfresh. Zero waste is sent to landfill.
- Olio collects the club’s food waste. The club has advised that there is a potential for its food waste to be converted into energy.
No information found
Plant based/low carbon food
- The club has advised that there are vegan options available in fan zones, corporate areas, for players and for staff across all of its sites.
- Meat replacement products such as pies are available.
- The club also has vegan friendly pasta, pizza, savoury tarts/flans and sweet options.
- At Edgeley Park, The 1883 Lounge and The Pareto Lounge, The Boardroom and The Hardcastle Lounge has previously offered attendees a Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry (V) (vs Barrow), Vegetable Balti (vs Carlisle United) and a Courgette Linguine (V) (vs AFC Wimbledon).
- Uses local companies who source produce from local producers/farmers. E.g., the club’s butcher Pimlotts, are based less than 3.5 miles away from Edgeley Park.
- The stadium is situated in a conservation area. Trees are surveyed to see which ones are protected, and which trees are of ill health and how these can be treated.
- Environmental sustainability initiatives are included in staff inductions and ongoing training sessions.
Communication and Engagement
- Supported WWF’s 2023 #WorldWithoutNature campaign by removing the nature elements from the club’s crest for the day.
- Uses press releases to encourage supporters to travel to the stadium by foot.
- Emails leading up to matches notify supporters of travelling by public transport and by foot.
- Sends regular e-shots, social media posts and a flyer drop to local fans who live within a short distance to the stadium.
Information sourced directly from Stockport County F.C staff, website and third party websites
Information updated 07 March, 2023.