Policy and Commitment
- In June 2022, Blackpool FC announced a multi-year sponsorship with eEnergy Group who will help the club to reduce its energy consumption and improve energy efficiency.
- Solar panels have been installed on the West & South stand roofs.
- The club is looking to procure green gas supplies.
- The stadium and hotel have completed a full LED lighting upgrade in October 2022
- Remote meterage has been installed on all of the mains electrical supplies to ensure the club can measure/monitor all electrical usage and target excessive use or wastage.
- Daily manual readings are taken on sub meterage including gas and water.
- Is looking to get PIR & Microwave controls installed to automatically turn the lights off in all areas of the stadium when no movement has been detected after 10-15 minutes.
- The club is looking to carry out a project on power points remote controls. This will ensure that anything plugged into electrical sockets can be remotely turned off or set with schedules.
- Is in the process of collating proposals for Building Management systems which will control all the stadium & hotels air conditioning/heating & hot water boilers.
- An LED Stadium advertising system was installed around three sides of the perimeter of the pitch.
- Public transport (bus, tram and train) to Bloomfield Road are promoted on the club’s website.
- Fans can take advantage of the Tangerine Ticket deal on the bus or tram with Blackpool Transport and travel for £1.50 each way.
- The club also advises on walking distances to the stadium.
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
- The club’s suppliers for kiosks & catering have been approached to eradicate single use plastics. The club is awaiting confirmation on this.
- Zero waste goes to landfill.
- The club recycles/re-purposes: cardboard, plastic bottles, paper, most plastics, grass pitch cuttings, food waste, cooking oil and toner cartridges.
- Any remaining items that the club cannot recycle are collected by the club’s waste management company and recycled at their recycling centre.
- All washrooms and toilets have urinal control systems in place. The club is currently looking to upgrade these.
- Is currently having a survey carried out to look at all urinal flushing management controls and is looking at the possibility of waterless urinals.
- The club also meters the amount of water that is used on to the stadium pitch.
Plant based/low carbon food
- Vegan food options have been trialled for the kiosks in the past.
- The club offers a vegetarian cheese & onion pie option.
- The Community Trust is involved with initiatives including tree planting and helping in the community with allotments.
- No information provided
Communication and Engagement
- CEO Ben Mansford held a meeting with all stadium, hotel and Community Trust team members regarding sustainability, energy saving and everyone’s responsibility to help the club operate sustainably.
- Nominated energy/sustainability champions monitor and conduit any ideas/initiatives.
- Participated in Planet League’s ‘Planet League Cup’ Competition.
Information sourced directly from Blackpool F.C. staff, website and third party websites
Information updated 07 March, 2023.