For the fourth consecutive season, Sport Positive has ranked all 20 Premier League clubs based on their environmental efforts.
Here are the key findings:
- For the second year running, Tottenham and Liverpool have come joint top.
- Spurs are the only club putting on classroom education sessions on environmental sustainability for both their men’s and women’s first team squads.
- All teams lost points for taking domestic flights – a new scoring element this season.
- Four clubs report all their emissions publicly – Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester City and Wolves.
- Seven clubs have net-zero targets, including Arsenal, Newcastle and Southampton.
- Forest Green – who came top of the EFL sustainability table – would have scored 26 in the Premier League rankings, with no domestic flights taken.
- The maximum score that can be achieved is 27.