- 100% green energy on all sites
- Building management system in place on all our premises
- 60% of stadium converted to LED lighting
- Decreased consumption in heating, lighting & electrical equipment remotely controlled
- LED lighting (inc. floodlights) & high-efficiency building services systems in place at Stadium and Academy intelligent controlled.
- Stadium promoted as ‘Public Transport Destination’; shuttle bus links, good pedestrian connections, regular transport updates. Driving not advised.
- Advocates public transport and cycling to and from work, Car Sharing Pre COVID – Outbreak
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
- Vegware compostable cups are used throughout the stadium (reported to Sport Positive at 17:00 on 25th January, after table launch)
- No information provided or found through research
- Less than 5% of waste to landfill
- 100% of waste received on site is weighed and recorded. Once the container is tipped it goes through both a manual and mechanical separation process, this ensures that we maximise the segregation of each waste type. The remaining wastes are bulk loaded either for further recycling and re processing, The residual waste that cannot be processed further is no longer sent to landfill it is sent for “RDF” – Refuse Derived Fuel that generates substantial energy to homes and businesses
- To further maximise the food waste going for Green Energy, LUFC have 30 x 240 Litre Wheeled Bins that are placed around site in the relevant areas – These are then collected using a bin wagon which then tipped directly at the Green Energy plant as oppose to tipping it in your Compactor and us segregating at our Waste Transfer site.
- Water efficiency policy in place (reported to Sport Positive at 17:00 on 25th January, after table launch)
- Waterless urinals at Stadium and Academy
- Drainage & extraction system inc. attenuation pond & on site bore hole that extract water at Academy. 2 No. attenuation tanks at Stadium.
Plant based/low carbon food
- Vegan & vegetarian options available across the concourse on match days
- No environmental policy or page on website, none found in research and no info on this provided by LUFC staff
Information sourced directly from Leeds United FC staff, website and third party websites
Information updated January 25th 2021