- From April 2022, 100% of the heating will be connected to biomass-powered urban network. The electricity does not come from renewable energy
- Programming system for optimisation of heating resources. Generalised detection-triggered lighting, LED lighting in all the common areas
- Shuttle system with public authorities. Hydrogen or biofuel shuttles (Oleo 100 made from French rapeseed)
- They are mainly intended for fans (but accessible for staff as well)
- On match days, 16 shuttles per hour run at regular intervals and on 2 lines
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
- Installation of individual water bottles for multiple use for the entire training center
- Distribution of eco-cups to employees with access to common water points
- Sorting bins on the various sites (stadium & training center) and collection for recycling by a private company
- Rainwater harvesting at the stadium; Recovery of rainwater for reintroduction into the irrigation system and sanitary facilities.
Plant-based/Low Carbon Food
- Inclusion in the service provider’s specifications in order to favour short circuits – our service provider is committed to supplying 70% of products from a radius of less than 100 km
- Implementation of a permaculture project with vegetable production on a training site on 1.5 hectares.
Policy, Commitments and Communications
- Commitment of the club via its endowment fund “Racing Cœur de Lens” towards the protection of the environment (among 4 themes chosen and defended), page on the club’s main website: https://www.rclens.fr/fr/racing-coeur-de-lens
Information shared directly from RC Lens staff, website and third party websites.
Information updated on April 6, 2022