- Photovoltaic system is installed on the stadium roof of the SchücoArena
- Energy efficient systems are not in place but a plan will be developed in the future as DSC Arminia Bielefeld aims to be climate neutral.
- DSC Arminia Bielefeld actively promotes the use of public transport, and offers fan incentives, with every match ticket allowing access to free local transport.
- On match days, additional trams are used to keep waiting times as short and as convenient as possible.
- Due to the central location of the SchücoArena, many fans come to the stadium by foot from the train station and other locations in Bielefeld
- e-bikes and e-scooters available for employees
- In the future, charging stations for e-cars will be installed in the car park.
- DSC Arminia Bielefeld plans to gradually replace its vehicle fleet. There are already some hybrid cars at present.
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
- DSC Arminia Bielefeld uses a reusable cup system in the stadium for drink sales and in catering
- Gym bags and face masks have been created from old, recycled jerseys in recent months
- There is a new digital version of DSC Arminia Bielefeld’s stadium magazine, in addition to the print version.
- Rain barrels to water the pitch are set to be installed in the future
Plant based/low carbon food
- No information found in the public domain, and the club has not shared any information about initiatives with us
- A sustainability page will soon be available on the club website once the homepage is relaunched
- DSC Arminia Bielefeld is committed to many projects in the area of sustainability policy. They are currently working on the carbon footprint for their club, so they will soon be able to act in a climate-neutral manner.
Information sourced directly from DSC Arminia Bielefeld staff, website and third party websites
Information updated March 26th 2021