- 533 m2 (5737, sq ft) of solar panels on the roof of the stadium
- No information provided
- In September 2019, the club participated in the eco-mobility challenge, promoting public transport and publishing exclusive offers in collaboration with Bordeaux transport (TBM), 3 special initiatives:
- 1) Come to the stadium with car-sharing (at least 4) and receive free parking
- 2) A special box for supporters coming by bike + an extra bike rack under surveillance during the match
- 3) Special offer match ticket + public transport card
- Implementation of a scooter loan system for Club employees to promote soft transport or public transport
- Fleet of vehicles for sales representatives, 50% of which are electric or hybrid.
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
- Reusable Eco Cups Use of bio-sourced bottles
- Installation of gourds at the football school – the proceeds from the sale of gourds (free price for licensees) were donated to the resto du cœur
- Recycling to collect the different forms of waste and recycling accordingly -> 5 containers especially for plastic bottles, educational information for spectators on screens
- Recycling of cigarette butts
- Partnership with the restaurants of the heart: they come to collect unsold items during each match to distribute them to homeless people
- Recycling of old players’ shirts to make smocks for children to go to the operating room
- The gowns were offered to 3 hospitals in the region
- Thanks to the partnership established with the “Les Fringuettes” association, recognized as a work integration project, and the “Au fil des Bistouris” association for children’s operating room gowns created thanks to the recycling of old Club jerseys
- Together with Aquality France, 4 tanks of 200 m3 were installed in the stadium to reuse rainwater
- During half-time, there is a special system that saves water from the urinals due to the high water consumption
- Saving water used for watering the pitch
Plant-based/Low Carbon Food
- Club has set up a solidarity concierge service, aimed at encouraging the consumption of local products and services for Club employees. In particular, they offer deliveries with local market gardeners (fruits, vegetables, etc.).
- The club has installed 3 beehives on the training site
Policy, Commitments and Communications
- The club has a charity called Marine & White Heart which also supports projects promoting environmental responsibility which can be found via a sub-category on the official homepage
- Environmental awareness workshop
- Signatory of the Charter of 15 eco-responsible commitments (WWF and French Ministry collaboration)
- Implementation of a recurring action with neighborhood associations around the stadium: the “united for the planet” environmental match. This action will be offered 4 times a year.
- Implementation of a responsible supporter passport which is online on our platforms and sent to ticket buyers
Information shared directly from FC Girondins Bordeaux staff, website and third party websites.
Information updated on April 6, 2022