Policy and Commitment
- A health, safety and environment committee is in place and will look to produce an environmental policy and sustainable strategy.
No information found
- Uses C-Bus for the club’s lighting, heating and extraction systems.
- Public transport (train and bus) travel and a Priory Park & Ride to the MKM Stadium are promoted on the club’s website.
- Parking facilities for cyclists are available around the perimeter of the stadium.
- An electric car charging point has been installed at the stadium.
Single Use Plastic Reduction/Removal
- The club has advised that it only uses plastic pint cups as single used plastic.
- Segregated waste system in place for paper, cardboard, metal and glass.
- Separates WEEE waste.
- Uses 100% recycled hand towels.
- Onsite compactor.
- Separates food waste.
- Installed smart flush boxes to urinals in all toilets at the stadium.
Plant based/low carbon food
- Vegan and vegetarian food options at the MKM Stadium include Sweet Potato Pie, Coconut & Spinach Pie (Vegan), Potato Wedges.
- Free fresh fruit is available to home supporters from stations in the South, South East, South West and West Stand concourses.
No information found
In February 2023, secondary school students took part in a day of activity at the MKM Stadium as part of the Premier League Inspires Club Heat Challenge. Each team were required to produce a presentation around the theme of protecting the planet, ensuring their idea would be inclusive and achievable for both the team members and anyone else involved.
Communication and Engagement
- Supported WWF’s 2023 #WorldWithoutNature campaign by removing the nature elements from the club’s crest for the day.
- A group of young people from Hull City FC’s Tigers Trust completed a beach clean-up at Bridlington Beach as part of their mission to improve their local environment.
- In October 2021, The Tigers Trust joined CUP26 – a tournament by Planet Super League (now Planet League) encouraging football fans to take climate action.
- Raised awareness of Rob Green and Dean Windass’ promotion of using smart meters.
Information sourced directly from Hull City A.F.C staff, website and third party websites
Information updated 07 March, 2023.